You ask, we answer.
In your search for the right course of study and the perfect university, various questions arise? Great. Here is an overview of the most frequently asked questions of our future students.
FAQs Our Application and Admission Procedures
Depending on whether you want to start your studies in the winter semester (study start: 01. October) or in the summer semester (study start: 01.April), your complete documents must be submitted by 15 January (summer semester application) or by 15 July ( Application winter semester).
Applications have to be submitted online and are accepted continuously, irrespective of the desired study start.
However, we recommend that our international prospective students apply at least three months in advance so that they have enough time to prepare for entry.
At hdpk, there is no NC for Bachelor's or Master's degree programs. This makes the hdpk one of the few universities in Berlin where there are only admission-free courses.
The requirement for admission to a bachelor's program at hdpk is the general university entrance qualification or the Fachhochschulreife. In addition, there is a specific approval procedure for all our programs.
For a Master you need a Bachelor degree with at least 180 CP.
- Higher education entrance qualification (Abitur), vocational Baccalaureate diploma (Fachabitur), an international Baccalaureate Diploma or a corresponding qualification of eligibility as an entrance
- cover letter (integrated into the application form) stating: Why are you interested in studying at the hdpk? What are your expectations? What are your professional perspectives?
- personal data sheet, together with passport photo, place, date, signature
- school leaving certificate: notarised copy, may be handed in later
- in case you have previously studied at another university, please provide de-registration certificate (may also be handed in later)
- samples of your artistic work (depending on the degree program you are applying for)
- cover letter (incorporated within the application form): Why are you interested in studying at the hdpk? What are your expectations? What are your professional perspectives?
- artistic work samples
- certified copy of your degree certificate
- academic transcript covering your previous study
- the abstract from your BA dissertation and a description of its key themes
If you are an international candidate you will more information here.