ERASMUS grant for your study abroad semester
Get financial support for your study abroad semester at our ERASMUS partner universities. The application process is very simple (see details below).
The amount of your ERASMUS grant depends on your host country and the exact lenght of your stay, i.e. your compulsory attendace at your host university and the ERASMUS budget of the hdpk.
The amount of the ERASMUS grant 2018/2019 per month (30 Tage):
- 450€: Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
- 390€: Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus
- 330€: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Republic of North Macedonia
The grant will be paid in two installments:
- 70% at the beginning and
- 30% after the completion of the Mobility
The amount of the ERASMUS grant awarded to each participating student depending on the following factors:
- your host country(see list above)
- the exact length of your programme abroad
- your funding period, meaning if you can be funded for the whole length of your stay or not (called zero grant period)
- the number of ERASMUS-outgoings student in the respective academic year
- the ERASMUS-budget as approved for SRH Hochschule der populären Künste
- if applicable, funding for special needs (for participants with disabilities and students with children)
Detailed information are in the ERASMUS Grant Agreement which all participants receive, upon being selected for an ERASMUS grant.
Please be aware that the ERASMUS-programme is not designed to cover the entire cost of the mobility. It is supposed to cover basic expenses which are associated with it. It is up to every participant, to secure additional funding from suitable sources, or to supplement the expenses with his or her own funds. Check if you are eligible for BAföG (the website is only in German).
Should the SRH ERASMUS-budget not be sufficient to provide all eligible outgoing students with an ERASMUS-scholarship, you will be subject to a selection process.
The following selection criteria will be applied in the following order:
- Deadline: Timely application to participate in the study abroad programme and submission of the initial ERASMUS-documents (fully completed and duly signed) four weeks before the internship
- Previous Participation: ERASMUS-applications of students who have never before received an ERASMUS/ERASMUS LLP stipend will be treated with a higher priority
- Academic Performance: ERASMUS-applications of students with a high grade point average will be treated with a higher priority
When and how long can I study abroad?
Every student can apply for up to twelve months of ERASMUS-funding within a study cyle. Thus, you could get funding for a couple of months each of studying and interning within Europe as a Bachelor and as a Master student.
In which semester you can study abroad largely depends on your study programme at SRH.
For Bachelor students:
- no earlier than the third semester, we recommend semesters 3, 4, or 5. Some students go on an ERASMUS exchange to do research for their Bachelor during their 6. semester.
- mandatory international semester: students following the International Experience Track have a fixed mobility window either in your 6. semester if you start in winter semester or in your 3. semester if you start in the summer semester => you just need to choose if you want to study or intern abroad
- voluntary international semester: you may study abroad in any semester, even additionally to an International Experience Track semester => however, it is essential that you debate in detail with your study programme director if you want the courses to be recognized at hdpk
For Master students:
- speak with your study program director about the best timing
Before your study abroad
First of all, you decide on the university you want to study at. Then you apply for the place at the International Office at hdpk - the application documents are below. The selection committee reads all applications and selects the students who will be granted an exchange place.
If you are selected as an exchange student, we will offer the place officially to you by sending you the Grant Agreement by email. Once you accepted the place, we will nominate you at the host institution, which will get back to you about the further application process.
The next step is the ERASMUS-grant. Please collect the following documents and submitted them to Sebastian Rabe at the hdpk International Office:
- Learning agreement signed by you, your study programme director and your host insitution
- Data sheet
- Acceptance letter of host university with exact semester
- Eligibility Check + Statement of Previous Participation
- if applicable: Confirmation of preparatory language class in host country prior to semester start
At the beginning of your semester(s) abroad
On your Arrival Form collect the signature from your host institution that you have arrived; usually you do that during the orientation session/week. Scan and send it to Sebastian Rabe, who will prepare the transfer of your first installment (70%) to your bank account (as indicated in the Grant Agreement).
Immediatly after the completion of your semester(s) abroad
Once you completed your study abroad semester, you hand in the second set of documents which serves as the request for the second installment (30%) of your ERASMUS-grant. Should your study period have changed substantially (either five days longer or shorter as indicated in your Grant Agreement), we will recalculate the second instalment according to the ERASMUS-regulations.
Please hand in the following documents:
- confirmation letter
- EU-Survey online - send by email
- OLS-language test second part - send by email
- final report for future Outgoing students (word doc)